I think the key to a good fried rice is to cook the rice the morning of then pop it in the fridge until your ready to cook.
This way your rice is nice and dry and doesn't turn to mush as your frying 😉
1/2 sliced red onion
1/2 diced capsicum
*1.5 t paprika
*1.5 t cumin
*1t onion powder
*1 t coriander powder
* 4 cups cooked long grain rice ( white or brown)
* 1 c corn kernels
*1 c cooked Adzuki beans ( black beans will also suit)
Hot sauce - to taste
Lemon juice- to taste
Jalapeno- to taste
Salt and pepper to season.
Handful of fresh chopped coriander
1 c grated cheese
1)Heat a dash of oil in large fry pan, fry off the onions and capsicum until the onion becomes translucent.
2) add the spices and fry for two mins
3) add rice, beans and corn- fry for approximately 10mins
4) add lemon juice, jalapeno, hot sauce, fresh coriander and season with salt and pepper.
5) top with cheese the place under the grill until golden.
6) load with toppings before serving.
Topping suggestions; guacamole, tomatoes, salsa, coriander, pumpkin seeds, sour cream, jalapeno, hot sauce, corn chips & diced tomatoes .
This dish is vegetarian but can easily be made vegan by substituting the cheese , or for meat lovers add cooked diced chicken or pulled pork.
Products marked with * available @foodforthoughtchch